Wednesday 18 July 2012

THE COLOUR FLOORING COMPANY

My wonderful now sister-in-law introduced me to this company.  She has impecable design taste being an Architectural Technician so if it's good enough for her ...

The Colour Flooring Company sell sheet vinyl flooring in an array of beautiful and contemporary colours which are the perfect alternative to wood, tile or - perish the thought - LINO in the kitchen.  And when I say LINO like that, I'm in no way referring to the French vinyl tiles I'm installing in the lavvie which are VINYL TILES. And pretty.  I am, of course, referring to the LINO we currently have which is just blandly offensive.

Anyway, enough shouting and more talk about the Colour Flooring Company.  The 'boutique' company was set up by two former design journalists, Bill and Lena, in response to finding it impossible to find a simple vinyl flooring that wasn't - and I'm paraphrasing here - gross. When they eventually found it, they decided to bring it to the the chic masses of GB.

The quality is good. The price is good (c£26 p/m2). And the colours are LUSH.

My S-I-L went for the Apple in her contemporary white kitchen which I initially thought was a brave choice but now it's in and fitted, it completely works.  I love it with the warm wood of her worktops. (the photo's not of her kitchen, btw - it's someone else's special pad)




Unfortunately, RB's decorating language largely hinges on the words 'subtle' and 'classy' which can be loosely translated as Grey. Or White.  Or Grey.  So we were limited in choice for our kitchen to the greys. And the white.

Which meant we couldn't consider this:


Lemon.  Imagine how sunny you'd feel walking into a white kitchen with that beaming up at you. And by THAT I mean the floor rather than the child who is super cute but is, I would imagine, a bit noisier than flooring.

Or this:


Powder Blue.  Again, against white kitchen units, this could be really clean and crisp.

Or this:

Tangerine.  Oh how I love this.  It's so warm.

But it's not like the greys aren't lovely too. In fact, if you like grey, you're really quite spoilt - they have four: Pebble, Antelope, Dove and Parlour.  We went for Antelope which is a warm neutral grey - it looks very grey until you put it beside the others when it looks more taupey. Or Antelope.


The units are now painted white and the oak worktops go in next Friday.  In terms of colours, it will basically look like this.  Having been swayed initially by the refreshing pattern of the Red Stars vinyl tiles, it took a moment to come back to plain, but now that I have, I am WELL excited about it going down.  The fitter's coming in for Thursday/Friday so we should have a finished kitchen by next weekend!

Next: the garden...


2 comments:

  1. Planning to renovate your house; go for Céramique Couvre Plancher. Give your house a warm and stylish look at an affordable budget.

    ceramique Outaouais
    Couvre Planchers Gatineau

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read more. epoxy floor WHITES VALLEY

    ReplyDelete