Wednesday 11 July 2012

SURFACE VIEW - OBSCURING BEAUTIFULY


We can’t use this in our house AT THE MOMENT, but I LOVE this film for a bathroom window.  




Not only is it tres cool, but it’s a MAP – one of my favourite things to look at.  I love a good map. Maps look beautiful and read like books.  You are never alone with a map. Maps lift us up where we belong. All you need is map ...

But windowfilm ...

The plain kind makes me feel like I’ve gone blind and don’t get me started on the ‘simple’ styles featuring, for examples, little squares cut out to give it – one can only assume – a ‘contemporary’ feel (which I’m sure fits in beautifully amongst the Ikea prints and the photocanvas of the dog).   I have a long standing physical reaction to any kind of decorative element that includes a lone gerberer or lily which seems to be as quirky as window film gets. 

Put a map on it, however, and windowfilm shows that old horror-show dappled glass the door, giving it a hefty kick up the rump for good measure.

And its piece d’resistance (I’ve used that twice and still don’t know how to spell it) is that not only does it look fabulous, but it’s educational!

It’s called Chart of London City, comes in white and grey and is £60per sq/m (bargain!) from www.surfaceview.co.uk  - which btw, is pretty stonking for all kinds of  surface coverings and I’m not allowed to look at in full until I’m a millionaire.  I mean HOLY COW have you seen what they can do on Formica??


Oh to be minted/not worry about credit-card bills...

No comments:

Post a Comment