Wednesday 22 August 2012

THE GRAND REVEAL - DINING ROOM & BED 4

These two rooms have always been our junk rooms.  In particular, I've never connected with our dining room.  It was dark and gloomy with its green carpet, a whisper of pink walls (PINK IN A DINING ROOM??) and the dark wood of a dining room set. We hadn't ever used it as a proper dining room. In fact it hadn't had a table for about a year and my mum used to sleep in here on the sofa bed when she came to visit.  It was a non-room. So I ran with its gloom and painted it in Alfie by B+Q Colours - a dark, warm grey -  and painted all the woodwork white, and dressed the window in bright white.  I'm really happy with it now - it's absolutely my favourite room.



AFTER



Bedroom 4 is the smallest room in the house.  It's a very small double now and we've always used it as a kind of laundry.  And also to collect loads of shit in.  We just painted this white and put the new carpet in.




AFTER





No comments:

Post a Comment