Wednesday 27 June 2012

COLOUR UPDATE

This is out of synch but we've got the decorators in now and I'm seeing paint samples when I close my eyes.  He's come earlier than we'd thought and he's doing the whole house and basically said to me this afternoon: 'I need your paint choices tomorrow' when I was doing that funny dithering thing.

After trying every single sample that's anywhere near our idea of a neutral but beautiful wall, we're settling on these:

LIVING ROOM: Flake White by Fired Earth (Kevin McCloud)



 I'm also going to use this in our bedroom along with New England Paint (Craig & Rose) in Independence.
Both colours are warmer in Real Life which is what I wanted - do you have any idea how hard it is finding a warm grey that's not taupe or ... is it drab? Will upload pics when I have them.

I'm still not convinced entirely, but we're going for Dulux White Mist in the hallway downstairs and up the stairs and Dulux Grey Steel 3 in the upstairs all.  I'm worried they'll be too cold.

That White Mist looks NOTHING like the REAL White Mist which is a bright white with a touch of cool grey.  God I hate samples.

Below is Grey Steel 3.  These are both really quite ... cool (temperature wise) in Real Life. I'm a bit worried.


Bed 2 & 3 are Pure Brilliant White, Bed 4 is Crown Milk White because that's what I painted it a while ago anyway.  Kitchen is white and Dulux Cornflower White So my only other dilemma is the Dining Room.  I want to paint it a dark colour on two walls but will that be too ... intense?  Are we brave enough to do this???




No comments:

Post a Comment